The Chambers County Library System welcomes donations of new or gently used items.
We are currently accepting:
- Chambers County source materials: family histories, maps, club histories, church scrapbooks, etc.
- High school yearbooks (any years, any county schools)
- Recent best sellers
- Clean copies of classic titles (like Huckleberry Finn)
- Large print books
- DVDs and music CDs in working order
While we appreciate your generosity, we are unable to accept:
- Books in poor condition with yellowed pages, broken bindings, or musty smells
- Reader's Digest Condensed Books
- Outdated information (books over 15 years old that are not literary classics)
- VHS tapes
- Computer software over 3 years old
Please make every effort to go through your items.
Donations are accepted at all of our locations.
A receipt for tax purposes can be provided. Count the items donated and we can provide you with a signed, dated receipt for the total number of items. We cannot assess value.