New & Used Book Donations
The Chambers County Library System welcomes donations.
- Chambers County source materials: family histories, maps, club histories, church scrapbooks, etc.
- High school yearbooks (any years, any county schools)
- Recent best sellers
- Clean copies of classic titles (like Huckleberry Finn)
- Large print books
- DVDs and music CDs
While we appreciate your generosity, we CANNOT ACCEPT:
- Books in poor condition with yellowed pages, broken bindings, or musty smells
- Readers' Digest Condensed Books
- Outdated information (books over 15 years old that are not literary classics)
- VHS tapes
- Computer software over 3 years old
Thank you for your cooperation and your donations!
For large donations (10 boxes or more), we request that you deliver those to the Technical Services
department in Anahuac:
202 Cummings St.
Anahuac, TX 77514
Tax Statements - a receipt for tax purposes can be provided. Count the books donated, and we can give you a signed, dated receipt for the total number of items. We cannot assess value.